Key Question: Has the criminal justice system historically operated differently for black citizens than white citizens?
Examine the sections called “Treading the Tightrope of Jim Crow”.
- How was justice evaded in the following cases?
- Scottsboro Boys
- Recy Taylor and Gertrude Perkins
- Jeremiah Reeves
- Emmett Till
- What does it say about racism and segregation that justice was denied these individuals?
- What do these individuals’ stories of violence and injustice also tell us about the relationship between gender and racism?
- Why was it so difficult for Rosa Parks and other black activists to achieve justice for individuals like Taylor, Perkins and the Scottsboro Boys?
This post was written by admin