Exercise 2August 17, 2016 10:08 pm
Key Question: What do you know about Rosa Parks?
Ask a large group, ask students to reflect on what they know (or think they know) about Rosa Parks. Some prompts might help:
- What do you know about her bus stance?
- Do you know anything about her life before or after her bus stance?
- What part of the country is she tied to in public memory? Why?
- Where did you learn about Rosa Parks – books, movies, music, school?
- What are some examples of how and where she gets remembered – in music, museums, elementary or high school, in current social movements, in political debates (e.g. putting her on the $10 bill)?
- How is Rosa Parks usually talked about in relation to the civil rights movement?
This post was written by admin