Exercise 3August 18, 2016 9:04 pm
Key Questions: Was it a crime to resist bus segregation? Was it just to resist bus segregation?
Examine the sections called “Let Us Look at Jim Crow for the Criminal He Is” and “We Are Having a Difficult Time Here but We Are Not Discouraged”.
- Why did black Montgomerians think the segregated bus system was unjust
- How did they resist bus segregation?
- Why did Rosa Parks refuse to move on the bus?
- What did Rosa Parks notice about how black people were treated in jail after she was arrested?
- How did the City of Montgomery try to stop the bus boycott? Was this just?
- Negro Ministers of Montgomery and Their Congregations, “To the Montgomery Public”, statement that references previous arrests like White’s, Brook’s, Colvin’s
- Photo of a segregated bus in Alabama
- Rosa Parks’s reflection on her bus stance
- Parks’s recollection of police booking
This post was written by admin