Exercise 4August 18, 2016 8:57 pm
Key Questions: How did Rosa Parks fight for justice in the North?
Examine the section called “The Northern Promised Land that Wasn’t”.
- What examples of unjust police practices did Rosa Parks encounter in Detroit?
- How did police treat African Americans differently from whites?
- To what extent does this happen today?
- How did Rosa Parks and other black freedom fighters challenge unjust police practices in Detroit?
- What is a “political prisoner”? Why did Rosa Parks help to fight for them?
- Coverage of the march against police brutality in the wake of Scott’s murder
- Interview with Ed Vaughn
- “Acquit Detroit cop in killing of Negro youth in ’67 riots” article in Chicago Tribune, 11 June 1969
- Statement of George Crockett, 1969
- National Lawyers Guild ‘Resolution in Support of RNA Citizens Unjustly Held in U.S. and Mississippi Prisons
- Hurricane Carter’s support for the Gary Tyler campaign, October 18 1976 (page 8)
- October 25 1976 issue of Worker’s Power article on a recent demo of the Detroit Committee to Free Gary Tyler
This post was written by admin