Key Question: How did segregation shape life in the South?
- In what ways was life in the South segregated?
- Why did segregation exist? How did it continue?
- How did Rosa Parks and other African American folks in the South resist segregation – on buses and elsewhere?
- What were the dangers in trying to resist segregation?
- Why do you think people like Rosa Parks persevered in their attempts to resist segregation?
- Letter to ‘friend’ about segregation in Montgomery
- Photo of a segregated bus in Alabama
- Negro Ministers of Montgomery and Their Congregations, “To the Montgomery Public”, statement that references previous arrests like White’s, Brook’s, Colvin’s
- Rosa Parks’s reflection on her bus stance
- 1956 Interview with Parks During the Montgomery Bus Boycott, Democracy Now
- Parks’s recollection of police booking
This post was written by admin